Park Hop is now officially open for summer 2020!
The summer-long scavenger hunt is back for its eight annual year and is a fun way to keep your family excited about staying active throughout the summer. Physical activity and being out in nature are some of the best ways to relieve stress and promote a healthy body and mind. Park Hop creates a great opportunity to explore the 15+ different parks in the Greenville/Spartanburg area with clues to solve a question at each park. All children will be able to win a variety of fun prizes for solving the questions! This year Park Hop has expanded to include additional parks throughout Spartanburg county, and the clues are now available in Spanish as well.
If you finish solving the clues, take the opportunity to turn it into a full day at the park! Here are a few suggestions for activities that take advantage of open outdoor space and get your family moving.These are fun ways to enjoy the park with your family, but many of them are also great to do in your own backyard:
- Bring your favorite sports equipment like a frisbee, basket or soccer ball, hula hoop or jump rope. Many of the parks in Park Hop have green space or courts to play a variety of different sports. You can learn more about what some of the different parks offer on kiddingaroundgreenville.com!
- Still want more to explore? Make up your own nature scavenger hunt for bugs, plants, animals and other objects and have fun exploring more of the park!
- Have a picnic! It’s a great way to round out a day at the park.
- Take advantage of the walking and hiking trails that go through many of the parks. Hiking is one of the best ways to stay active and enjoy being in nature.
- Get your kids moving with animal charades!
- Make an obstacle course! This is fun with built-in equipment at the park, but it’s also easy to make one using chalk or other objects at home!
Here is a printable packing list of items to consider bringing to help you and your family have a fun day at the park!
To learn more about Park Hop and get started, download the iOnGreenville mobile app or check out the Park Hop website.
Park Hop partners will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as health officials make information available. Please watch for updates on our Park Hop social media pages. Visit the CDC’s Visiting Parks and Recreational Facilities for recommendations on how to stay safe.