LiveWell At Work supports large employers in assessing their health practices and policies in conjunction with SCHA’s Working Well platform. In 2019, 24 companies across Greenville County were actively engaged in creating a culture of health in their work environment that has produced more than 112 PSE changes impacting more than 23,700 employees.
LiveWell At Work is implementing a pilot project with 10 small-to-midsized organizations (less than 200 employees) to determine the effectiveness of the LiveWell at Work model in companies with little wellness infrastructure.
The Work workgroup supports employers by offering a variety of tools, information and resources to encourage employees to live well at work. This workgroup encourages implementation of worksite wellness opportunities and supports local employers in making the healthy choice the easy choice for their employees.
For more information or to become involved in the LiveWell At Work, please contact Sabrina Smith.
2020 Quarterly Healthy Workplace Forums
All forums include a delicious healthy lunch and will take place at the University Center Greenville (225 S. Pleasantburg Drive Greenville SC, 29607). For more information about how to register, email Sabrina Smith at email@example.com
- January 23 Financial Wellness (Employer)
- March 12 Behavioral Health
- May 7 Topic TBD
- October 15 Topic TBD
- Eat Smart Move More SC Healthy Meeting resources There you can find a Healthy Meeting toolkits and other great ideas for improving the health of your meetings.
2019 Healthy Workplace Forum Resources
- Gathering Relevant Workplace Data by Jen Genal
- Assessing Your Organization by Emily O’Sullivan
- Making SMART Goals by Sam Reid
- Developing a Wellness Team by Abby Russell
2018 Healthy Workplace Forum Presentations
2017 Healthy Workplace Forum Presentations
- Holiday Saving by Matt Verley, Bank of Travelers Rest
- Creating a Mindful Culture in the Workplace
- Getting Started by Abby Russell and Emily O’Sullivan, Spartanburg Regional Medical Center and South Carolina Hospital Association
2016 Healthy Workplace Forum Presentations
- Generational Training by Jessica Sharp
- Creative Nutrition Programming That Extends After Hours PDF
- Health and Wholeness Matt Johnson
- Doing Good is Good for Everyone
- Regions At Work Employer Pres 2016_LIVEWELL
- Designing Wellness Program Incentives
LiveWell at Work offers quarterly Workplace Roundtables for those interested in workplace wellness to discuss a relevant topic and share solutions.
LiveWell at Work Annual Conference and 2015 LiveWell at Work Resource Guide
The LiveWell at Work annual conference provides educational sessions, best practices and connections to critical resources to those championing wellness efforts in their workplace. The conference is tailored to those companies well on their way and those just getting started. The resource guide offers connections to programs, products and resources to enhance wellness efforts.
LiveWell Greenville At Work Toolkit
This free five step toolkit offers resources to small-to-mid-sized businesses interested in initiating or refining their workplace wellness offerings.
- Appendix A- Disease Specific Resources
- Appendix B- Worksite Assessment Checklist
- Appendix C- Employee Needs & Interests Survey
- Appendix D- Recommendation Table
- Appendix D – Recommendation Table
- Appendix E- Action Plan
- Appendix F- HIPPA Regulations and Rewards
- Appendix G- Coordinator’s Guide
- Appendix H-Sample Budget
- Appendix I- Sample Policies
- Appendix J- Wellness At Home
Getting Started Guide
This helpful guide explains what worksite wellness entails and describes how worksite wellness affects your company’s bottom line.
101 Great Ideas for Worksite Wellness
Low-to-no cost ideas for workplace wellness efforts.
Addressing Nutrition in the Workplace
Gives 20 great ways to improve employee nutrition at the worksite.
Addressing Physical Activity in the Workplace
15 Low Cost Ways to Address Physical Activity in the Workplace. From educating employees on the health benefits of an active lifestyle vs. a sedentary lifestyle to starting a walking, jogging, cycling, cross-fit or boot camp club, this guide will help companies improve employee physical activity.
LiveWell Healthy Catering Guide
LiveWell Greenville’s Healthy Catering Guide is filled with healthy catering and snack ideas for your organization, and includes healthy menu options from local caterers.
Healthy Catering in the Workplace
Details the importance of healthy catering in the workplace, guidelines to follow when catering events for the workplace, and policy suggestions to encourage healthy food when catering events in the workplace
LiveWell Greenville facilitates and supports local efforts to promote healthy eating and active living throughout the local business community.
LiveWell At Work Sponsors
At Work Workgroup
Members of the At Work workgroup include community representatives with expertise in this area who are committed to fulfilling the goals of the At Work Community Action Plan. The LWG At Work Specialist and Evaluation Specialist are available to provide facilitation and technical assistance that measures the overall impact on the community.
Best Practice Guidelines
The At Work workgroup offers guidelines for best practices that support healthy eating and active living through various resources available and technical support provided by the At Work Specialist and Evaluation Specialist.
Health & Wellness Events
The At Work workgroup offers collaborative resources for community health and wellness events held for local companies, human resource directors, wellness teams, and employees.
LiveWell Greenville places an emphasis on evaluation all community-based projects with the goal of developing and implementing best practices in each of our community settings. To learn more about our collaborative, multi-university evaluation team that engages researchers from multiple Social and Behavioral Health disciplines and please click here.