LiveWell at Work for this summer’s Healthy Workplace Forum, “Creating a Mindfulness Culture in the Workplace” was facilitated by Kaitlin Blanco-Silva from Palmetto Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Kaitlin provided an overview of how mindfulness can decrease stress and improve employee wellbeing; organizational strategies to promote emotional and mental wellbeing among employees including the following; and practical tips to incorporate mindfulness throughout a workplace, including:
- Policies and practices to promote work-life balance
- Providing a dedicated quiet space
- Providing access to counseling
- Providing social events throughout the year
- Integration of mental health / EAP services with employee wellness
A huge thank you to AlignLife for sponsoring LiveWell at Work; Pelham Medical Center for hosting us; Babaziki’s for the delicious and healthy lunch; Kaitlin Blanco-Silva and Palmetto EAP for a great presentation and our dedicated workgroup members! Creating a Mindful Culture in the Workplace slides can be accessed here.