LiveWell Tip of the Week
Quick and Easy Ways to Improve Your Diet
In the high paced world we live in today with job deadlines, school activities, and demands around the house eating wellcan be difficult despite the best intentions. By planning ahead and arming your self with some easy to use strategies and tools you can make “the healthier choice the easy choice,” at meal and snack times.
Easy Tips and Strategies
- Plan your weekly meals in advance and shop accordingly at the grocery store.
- Pre package healthy snack options such as a handful of almonds, baby carrots, or granola in advance for when you are on the go.
- Always make time for breakfast, and avoid options that are high in sugar. Instead opt for a bowl of low sugar oatmeal with berries, or a banana with peanut butter and whole wheat toast.
- On the days that you have to pick up fast food, try to pick the best options. Familiarize yourself in advance with what restaurants offer lean options such as grilled chicken sandwiches or soups and salads in order to make the process easier.
- Replace one unhealthy snack such as a bag of chips with a piece of fruit each day.
- Replace one glass of soda, jucie, or sweet tea with a glass of water each day.
By preparing in advance and familiarizing yourself with healthy options you can help yourself make the healthy choice, even on the busiest of days! You will be suprised what a big difference even the smallest changes make.